McDonald’s is temporarily pulling its coveted all-day breakfast menu to streamline operations as the coronavirus pandemic continues to strain day-to-day affairs.
“We are working with our franchisees and local restaurants to focus on serving our most popular choices and will begin temporarily removing some items from the menu over the next few weeks,” Bill Garrett, the senior vice president of McDonald’s U.S. operations, said in a statement obtained by USA TODAY Wednesday.
The fast-food company made the menu alteration to “simplify operations in our kitchens and for our crew, and ensure the best possible experience for our customers.”
But, don’t fret: The change is only temporary.
Shortly after the announcement, McDonald’s U.S. President Joe Erlinger tweeted, “All day breakfast’s response to this news: ‘I’ll be back.'”
More:Starbucks giving free coffee to first responders, healthcare workers dealing with coronavirus
Garrett added: “We will regularly evaluate the situation and look to move back to our regular menu as soon as possible.”
McDonald’s rolled out its all-day breakfast menu, including its popular Egg McMuffins, sausage biscuits and hashbrowns, in October 2015.
The fast-food chain’s limited menu follows the closure of all seating and play areas in its company-owned U.S. restaurants last week, mirroring changes seen by restaurants, schools and businesses forced to shutter to limit the spread of the coronavirus.
“To align with increasing regulations throughout the country…McDonald’s USA company-owned restaurants will close seating areas, including the use of self-service beverage bars and kiosks,” the company said in a statement on March 16.
McDonald’s is still serving customers “through take-out, Mobile Order & Pay, Drive Thru or McDelivery at the majority of our restaurants,” Garrett added.
Contributing: Charisse Jones
More: McDonald’s to shut seating, play areas amid COVID-19 pandemic